Voluntary Battery Recall Plan and Participation Rules
Our Plan and Participation rules were last updated on March 20th 2022.
Please read this document carefully before using or choosing any of the provided information below.
Interpretations and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings as defined hereunder. The following terms shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
For the purpose of these Voluntary Battery Recall Plan and Participation Rules:
- “Company” (referred to as also “Greyp” in this Terms and Conditions) refers to Greyp Bikes d.o.o., Ljubljanska 7, 10431 Sveta Nedelja, Croatia
- “Customer” refers to an entity (company or private entity) that has purchased, and is the owner and end user of one or more products from the Company
- “Dealer” (also referred to as “Reseller”, “Retailer”) or any other person who purchases a bicycle for resale and not for end use of the Bicycle
- “Battery” refers to a product produced by the Company
- “Bicycle” refers to a product produced by the Company
- “Replacement” refers to the process in which all existing batteries produced by the Company will be taken from the market and replaced with new batteries by the Company
- “Incentive Offer” (also referred to as “Offer” or “Option”) is a reward provided by Greyp as specified in these Voluntary Battery Recall Plan and Participation Rules that Customers can choose/claim and receive free of charge
- “Proof of purchase” refers to a valid tax invoice or some other documentation which contains the following information as proof of purchase:
- Name / Logo of the Participating Retail Store,
- Name of the Participating Product,
- Date of the Purchase of the Participating Product,
- Serial Number of the Product (VIN; S/N)
- By choosing one of the Offers using a Battery Replacement claim on the link provided to the customer via e-mail, you consent to this Voluntary Battery Recall Plan and Participation and acknowledge that the Company will handle all Battery replacement cases based on these Voluntary Battery Recall Plan and Participation Rules.
- Unless explicitly agreed to or set forth in writing by Greyp, any term or condition in any order or other form or correspondence that is in any way inconsistent with these Voluntary Battery Recall Plan and Participation Rules shall be inapplicable and of no force and effect whatsoever.
- Offers provided by these Voluntary Battery Recall Plan and Participation Rules are not valid in conjunction with any other Greyp offer or promotion.
- These Offers are not transferable, exchangeable, or redeemable for cash.
- Greyp reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of claims and claimants (including a claimant’s identity, contact number, and place of residence, tax invoice or other proof of purchase and serial number) using all other information available to Greyp, and to disqualify any claimant who submits a claim that is not in accordance with these Voluntary Battery Recall Plan and Participation Rules or who tampers with the claim process. Greyp’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by Greyp to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible claims will be deemed invalid. Eligible Customers are responsible for ensuring their correct contact number, email address, residential address details, and any updated details are notified to Greyp. Greyp accepts no responsibility should an eligible Customer fail to receive their Offers because of a failure to provide correct details or to notify of a change to those details, or for providing an invalid serial number/IMEI or insufficient proof of purchase.
- By choosing one of the available Offers, Customers waive their right to a full refund for their Product.
Limitation of Liability
- All forms of damages, including indirect, special, or consequential damages, tied to the use of any Offer, where the product or service from such Offer is provided by another entity are not to be connected to Greyp but to such product or service provider and Greyp shall be released from any liability for all such damages to the maximum extent allowed by the law.
Governing Law / Dispute Resolution
- All matters relating to Customers’ access to or use of the Offer, including all disputes, will be governed by the laws of the Republic of Croatia without regards to its conflicts of laws provisions. Each Customer choosing an Offer agrees to the personal jurisdiction by and venue in the Republic of Croatia, Commercial Court in Zagreb, and waives any objection to such jurisdiction or venue.
- Dealers and Customers are eligible to receive a replacement Battery only if they have purchased a Bicycle and/or Battery and have a proof of recycling from a state recognized recycling facility.
- Every Battery that was handled as outlined in point above will be replaced with a new Battery by the Company free of charge.
- Eligible Customers and Dealers are required to submit a Battery replacement claim via provided link
- Customers and Dealers are required to recycle the battery at a state recognized recycling facility and provide a proof with visible serial number of the recycled battery to the company
- Each Customer and Dealer, upon presenting the proof of Battery recycling, will be sent a replacement Battery by no later than 30th of June 2022. If any Customer or Dealer does not provide proof of the battery recycling by the deadline specified in these Voluntary Battery Recall Plan and Participation Rules (31st of May 2022) they will retain the right to the replacement Battery upon recycling the Battery, but Greyp will not be obliged to fulfill their request by 30th of June 2022.
- Replaced Batteries will have a full 2-year warranty valid from the replacement Battery delivery date
- Greyp shall extend the warranty period of the Bicycle for 6 (six) months.
- Retailers, resellers, and persons who purchased a Bicycle for resale or otherwise not as the end users of the Bicycle, may not participate in this Offer and are specifically excluded
- A Customer is eligible to receive an Offer if they have successfully submitted their claim via the provided link no later than 30th of April 2022 and if they have purchased a Bicycle and have a proof of recycling from a state recognized recycling facility by 31st of May 2022
- There is a limit of one (1) Offer per purchased Bicycle, regardless of the number of additional Batteries purchased
- For avoidance of doubt, participation in this Offer does not exclude the Customer from receiving a replacement Battery if all replacement requirements are met.
The following Offers are available to the eligible Customers:
- Additional Free Greyp Battery Pack (1.000€)
- Free bike rental voucher (up to 500€)
- Free adventure experience voucher (up to 800€)
- Bicycle equipment voucher (up to 500€)
- Only one (1) Offer can be chosen and Offers cannot be combined.
- Neither Offer is transferable, and every Offer must be used during the prescribed time frame of the Offer.
- Additional Free Greyp Battery Pack (Value of 1.000 €)
- Additional Battery packs are expected to ship in 2023, subject to availability
2. Free Bike Rental voucher (Value up to 500 €)
- The above-mentioned amount of 500 € can be utilized at once or on several occasions, up to the approved allowance
- Customers can choose bike rental services at their convenience and at their preferred location
- Customers need to arrange all details and pricing directly with bike rental service
- Customers need to inform the bike rental services that Greyp will be making the payment for the rental of their bike
- Customers need to communicate all payment details to the bike rental service and to Greyp
- Greyp will be making the payment based on the offer it gets from the bike rental service either via bank transfer, credit card or PayPal (no cash payments will be made), based on the terms of bike rental service
- Customers can exercise the offer until receiving their replacement Battery from the Company or up to the approved allowance amount, whichever comes first
3. Free Adventure Experience voucher (Value up to 800 €)
- Users can choose any offer from https://greyp.me/Croatia_Active_Offers and inform Greyp of their decision, up to the total amount of 800,00 €
- Greyp will make a payment directly for the chosen travel Option, up to the total amount of 800,00 € to the “Croatia Active” platform
- Users will receive a voucher for the desired travel Option and can make further arrangements with the provider
- Customers can opt to cover the difference for an Adventure Package whose value is greater than 800,00 €, if “Croatia Active” permits such transaction
- Customer can exercise the offer until 31st of December 2022
- Offer validity is subject to terms and conditions of the “Croatia Active” platform
4. Bicycle equipment voucher (Value of 500 €)
- Customers can choose one or more products from the platform “Bike-Components” using the following link: https://www.bike-components.de/
- Offer validity is subject to terms and conditions of “Bike-Components” platform
- Customers can choose the Option “None” which means that they refuse to exercise their right to use any of the available Offers
- In case Customer does not provide the requested information as described in this Voluntary Battery Recall Plan and Participation, the Company will consider that a Customer chose the Option “None”
- Any claims for use of Offers under this Voluntary Battery Recall Plan and Participation Rules must be submitted via provided link by 30th of April 2022 or such claims are barred. Claims made under the separate terms and conditions of purchase for goods and services are not subject to this limitation.
- Customers will be notified by email to confirm their claim has been received by Greyp upon completed entry of a claim.
- If an email confirmation has not been received within 24 hours after submitting the claim, it is the Customers responsibility to contact the Company’s customer service team by email at [email protected]
- If a claim is deemed to have been submitted incorrectly, the Customer will be notified via email and offered the opportunity to provide correct information. If no response is received within seven (7) days of the email directed from the Company to the Customer seeking correct/additional information, then the claim shall be marked as invalid and the Customer will no longer be eligible to receive the Offer.
- The claims are subject to availability. In case the chosen Offer is unavailable, the Customer can choose an alternative Offer from the defined list.
- The Company reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify claims for Offers which it considers do not comply with this Voluntary Battery Recall Plan and Participation.
- The Company shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid claims including, without limitation, to require further verification as to proof of pre-order and purchase, as well as the identity, age and other relevant details of a Customer. This process may involve the Company sharing information with third parties.
Please find the Recall Plan and Participation Rules in additional languages below: